- Hiding a UI bar causes keybinds on that bar to no longer work: There honestly is no excuse for this one. Most of the players that have been using binds for a long time use this trick to unclutter their screen real estate. You put your keybinds that have no cooldown and thus you don't need to look at the button on a UI bar and then subsequently hide the bar to free up space. Only skills that have cooldowns are visible and placed in an area that is prominently visible in your HUD. I put all those buttons on my Right Hotbar, but I can't hide that bar to clear up my screen for a better view if I want to use those keybindings.
- Very unflexible focus keybind control scheme: For those that don't what know focus targets are about, you can check my tutorial video about them below. The control scheme that they have setup doesn't allow the use of different modifiers for focus targets for different keybinds, nor do they allow for the use of modifers such as shift or alt for focus targets. As a point of reference, in WoW I like having my interrupt be "R" and my focus target interrupt be "Shift + R". Even if this was possible in SWTOR, I couldn't have let's say focus target stun use the "Alt" key. Or may I want focus target interrupt to be "T" instead of a modified R. This is something that really needs to be fixed if they want the game to be taken seriously. I personally plan on using my swap target and focus target hotkey, hitting my keybind and then swapping back again until this gets resolved.
- Heavily utilized instant cast skills need to be in the most convenient and easy to reach locations: Now I know this seems kind of obvious, but I'd like to put the emphasis on instant cast. The reason for this is, in PvP the instant cast skills are the ones you will need to do while kiting. Non-instant cast skills give you the luxury of stopping movement and then hitting the keybind.
- Depending on your kiting technique, you may have to favor one particular side: I'll be putting together a short video kiting / movement methods in the future, but in the meantime if you're the kind of person strafe kites, then if you favor a particular side you might want to bind your instants on a particular side. Specifically, if I could only strafe kite, I would always use left strafe and bind instants to "E, F, V, T, G". This allows me to strafe with the "A" key and frees up my index finger for binds while moving.
- CC and interrupts need to be focus bind friendly and easily reachable: So not as much of an issue right now, but if they ever fix the focus hotkey issue then this will be important. Such R and Shift-R being my interrupt and focus interrupt. Another skill that I would reserve a focus spot for is Cryo Grenade.
So today I included a quick run through of what focus targets are and how to use em. Next time I would like to go into some movement and kiting techniques that some people just might not be aware of. Happy Holidays Everyone!